Monday, March 10, 2008

Beaded Bags - Are They Appreciated?


I love to create small to medium bags to hang around the neck or worn as a shoulder bag. Of course the purpose of making these is to combine the bag with BEADS!

Over the years I have sold bags of leather and beads, but there doesn't seem a great demand.


I have been making felted bags to bead on but they just don't create that special excitement I personally feel creating with leather and beading.

Oh here we go again with that age old quandary do we create for the joy or do we create what we think will sell? Hate that. For the most part I create for the joy and hope to connect with the people out who are drawn to my soul expressed through my art.

It's true, I do create many things that are express little bits and pieces of who I really am and are kind of fun and safe.

Creators out there in blog land, do you know what I am attempting to express?

7 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Every time you create, it is a gift..
one that makes us very happy. Don't you think? Love your bags..

GreenSpaceGoods said...

I agree. I try to create for myself. That is really how we got started after all. We just made so many things, we started being choosy about what was kept and started trying to sell the rest!

I get plenty of suggestions about outsourcing and buying wholesale to increase my bottom line, but that just isn't what we're about. :)

Kel said...

I totally agree, if you create from the heart, your work will speak to people more deeply. I guess we jut have to make sure that people get to see our stuff so that it can speak to them.

rtisan said...

wow! an amazing bag!!!

Livy said...

Welcome to blogging! It looks great so far.

I Dig This Life said...

I create cos i can and because I enjoy, the trouble sometimes is after spending too much time on etsy i never know what to make or I use up all my free time drooling at other peoples work on etsy or on their blogs or on flickr lol :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous!Beaded handbagsare created to suit a range of occasions.Use of stones is unique in the bags.A tremendous website supplies splendid collections.